Ford House Cartmel – Terms & Conditions of Booking
“House” refers to Ford House;
“Customer”, “you”, “your” shall mean or refer to the individual who made the booking;
“Ford House Website” shall mean the website at www.fordhousecartmel.co.uk;
“Owner”, “us”, “we” shall mean Mrs Judy Staples; and
“Tenants”, “you”, “your” shall mean or refer to the Customer’s party.
Contract and Booking
1. A contract shall arise only when your deposit payment has cleared and your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent by post or email.
2. The Customer must be at least 18 years of age and authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Terms and Conditions by all other members of the party. By making this booking, the Customer confirms that he/she is so authorised and that he/she has agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
3. When you receive your confirmation, you should check the details carefully. If anything is incorrect, you must tell us immediately. We cannot be held liable for any mistakes that arise from you providing the wrong booking details.
4. We require an initial deposit of £420 to secure your booking. This deposit is non-refundable after seven days from the date of booking. The deposit shall be provided at the time of booking. If you are paying by cheque, this should be made payable to “Judy Staples re Ford House”.
5. The balance payment should be paid in full at least eight weeks before commencement or, if there is less than eight weeks to go, it shall be paid in full at the time of booking. Payments can be made by cheque, (provided enough time is allowed for the cheque to clear before your holiday starts) or electronic transfer. We can provide bank account details for an electronic transfer on request.
6. Please make sure we receive your payment on time, as we may re-book as soon as the due date for payment has passed.
7. A condition of staying with us is that you look after the House as though it were your own. We request a security deposit of £200, which must be paid with your balance payment or prior to your use of the House. The cost of any damaged or missing items or exceptional cleaning will be deducted from this deposit and the remainder returned to you within two weeks of the conclusion of your holiday. We reserve the right to invoice the person booking the holiday for any replacements and additional costs incurred.
8. We will do everything we reasonably can to honour our commitments to you, but you accept our maximum liability to you on any grounds whatsoever is limited to the amount you have paid us prior to the problem arising, save for personal injury or death caused through our negligence.
9. If any payment due in relation to your booking is not paid by the appropriate date then we are entitled to assume that you wish to cancel your booking. In this case, we will be entitled to keep all deposits paid at that date. The Owner will normally send out a reminder to you before your booking is cancelled.
Check In / Check Out
10. You may check in anytime after 4pm on your day of arrival (or earlier if prior arrangements have been made with us). Check out is anytime before 10am on your last day. Please let us know your estimated time of arrival.
11. You undertake to leave the House without demand at the termination of the agreed period of hire.
Health and Safety and Access Information
12. The House comes with a fire safety information pack. It is essential that you familiarise yourself with the information pack on arrival. It is a condition of our contract with you that you read and comply with the instructions in the pack.
13. Ford House is an historic 18th century house and has many features you do not find in modern houses. These features are part of the character of the house but present some health and safety challenges you do not find in modern houses. Please take care at all times, but we would ask you to be particularly aware of:
· Low beams in several rooms, particularly on the top floor
· Low door frames on the top floor
· Stone floors on the ground floor
· Uneven wooden floors, particularly in the master bedroom
· Narrow stairs from the first to second floors
· A step down into the twin bedroom at the top of the stairs on the first floor
As Ford House is an old house it is not designed for disabled access. There is a ground floor toilet and washbasin, but no provision for sleeping. The stairs from the ground to first floor are not steep and are quite wide, but there is no specific disabled access. The stairs from the first to second floor are narrower and not suitable for any disabled access.
Property Care and Visitor Obligations
14. There is strictly no smoking within the House. A surcharge will be made for cleaning fabrics on evidence of smoking in the House.
15. You may bring up to two dogs with you at a charge of £15 per dog per stay. Dogs are not allowed upstairs or on the furniture and must not be left unsupervised in the House at any time. You must clear up after your dogs. A surcharge may be applied if we have to undertake additional cleaning in the House or garden. No other pets are permitted.
16. The number of guests at any time is restricted to 10 unless we have agreed otherwise.
17. In the unlikely event that you discover any damaged items on arrival, please inform us immediately (so that you will not be held liable and for us to arrange a repair/replacement as soon as possible).
18. The Owner, or their agents, have the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for the purpose of inspection, repairs, etc. except in cases of emergency where quick access is vital, in which case the Owner is entitled to enter the cottage at any time without giving you prior notice.
19. During your stay, you are responsible for the contents of the property and we will pass on the cost of any damages / breakages to you (beyond reasonable wear and tear).
20. You agree to leave the House in a clean and tidy condition. In the event that additional time and materials are required following your departure they will be deducted from your security deposit.
21. You agree that the House let by the Owner is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let only. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
22. You shall not sub-let the House or any part thereof.
23. In the unlikely event of any problems during your stay with us we will use our reasonable endeavors to procure their early resolution on receiving notice thereof. However, for the avoidance of doubt, you accept that as the extent of our liability.
24. Please ensure that the house is left secure when you go out. In the unlikely event that anything of yours is stolen from the House (locked or unlocked) it will be your own responsibility.
25. Equally, please ensure that your vehicles are securely locked and parked without obstruction.
26. The rent you pay covers the following: (a) Use of linen and towels provided at no extra charge; (b) Crockery, pots, pans, glasses and cutlery; (c) Electricity and gas and an initial basket of logs.
27. Under no circumstances will the Owner’s liability exceed the rental paid for the House (save for personal injury or death caused by the negligence of the Owner).
28. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that the House will be put at your disposal on the date agreed with us. Should this not be possible due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we cannot guarantee to provide an alternative holiday property. In this case the rental you have paid will be returned to you in full and you will have no further claim against us.
Cancellation by the Customer
29. You may cancel within seven working days of confirmation of your booking, unless your booking is within eight weeks of the commencement date. If you do cancel within the seven day period, your deposit will be returned in full. Cancellation notices must be received in writing.
30. If written notice of cancellation is received after seven working days of confirmation of your booking and less than eight weeks before the commencement date of your holiday we will attempt to re-let the accommodation; although no guarantee of successful re-letting is given. In the event of re-letting taking place, the deposit only will be retained and any balance will be returned to the hirer less any difference between the original price and the re-letting price. We do however advise you to take out your own holiday insurance cover to provide for this if you have to cancel.
Cancellation by the Owner
31. The Owner does not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but occasionally problems occur and bookings have to be changed or cancelled. If this does happen, the Owner will contact the Customer (by telephone where reasonably possible in the case of a significant change or cancellation, minor changes will be notified by post or email) as soon as is reasonably practical, explain what has happened, and inform you of the cancellation or change.
32. If a significant change has to be made (and the change is not acceptable to you) or your booking has to be cancelled, the Owner will provide a full refund.
33. The Owner has taken every care to ensure that the accuracy of property descriptions on their website and in other marketing materials and all information is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct, but they do not form part of the contract between the Owner and the Customer.
34. We would aim to resolve any disputes quickly and amicably – as we like lots of regular guests! However if we can’t resolve any disputes by agreement you and we agree that this contract is subject to English law.